This is not just a worldwide famous dish, it is also the favorite of many; yes, there are tons of people madly in love with pizza, including myself.
Fun fact: “The largest pizza ever made was 122 ft. 8 inches in diameter. The pizza needed 9,920 lbs of flour, 198 lbs of salt, 3968 lbs of cheese, and 1,984 lbs of tomato puree”.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that because we are not going to use regular pizza dough to make these cups, they are really easy and fast to make. Also this is a fun and different way to present this classic; take them to any potluck and everybody is going to adore you. Add some side sauces or crushed red pepper for people to add to their pizza cups.
- 6 flour tortillas, large
- 2 cups of pizza sauce
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 strips of bacon, sliced
- 3 tbsp of butter, melted
- Slice the bacon strips in tiny pieces and cook them in a pan over medium heat until crispy, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° C.
- Take the tortillas and cut them in a cross shape. You will end with four pieces from each tortilla.
- Take a regular muffin tin and place a quart of tortilla inside.
- Pour one full tbsp of pizza sauce into each tortilla cup.
- Add two tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce. If you are going to make them just with cheese, add an extra tbsp.
- Sprinkle some of the crispy bacon on top of your cheese. Instead of bacon you can use any other topping you prefer: ham, pepperoni, sausage, onions, etc.
- Brush some melted butter on the sides of each tortilla cup, just along the edge of the pan.
- Bake your pizza cups for 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Remove from the pan, and serve warm.
Did you enjoy your Deep Dish Pizza Cups? Click any of the pink buttons below to share it with your friends!