I’m almost sure I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t like at least one kind of Oreo. This famous cookie was born in 1912 and is now a worldwide phenomenon. Did you know there are more than 25 flavors including: Birthday Cake Oreo, Lemon Twist Oreo, and Red Velvet Oreo? With more and more flavors popping up every year, it’s no wonder why it’s milk’s favorite cookie.
We’ve created a super simple and delicious dessert recipe using Nabisco’s best selling treat, and you won’t even have to turn on the oven. When someone asks me for a quick and easy recipe I always recommend this one. Ready? Let’s get cooking…
- 36 regular Oreo cookies
- 1 ½ cups of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of chocolate syrup
- Take 6 Oreo cookies and set them aside, you are going to use them later.
- Place the rest of the cookies in a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin until you get little crumbs. You can do this using a food processor or a blender but it is not necessary.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your room temperature cream cheese and sifted powdered sugar. Once mixed, add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Now you have two options, assemble the dessert in a large bowl or in several portion size cups. I like the second option better but it is up to you. We continue on with the portion sized cup version, but the same rules apply for a large bowl (just add a little more for each layer).
- In a portion size cup, add 2 tbsp of Oreo crumbs and press them down.
- Pour 2 tbsp of cream cheese frosting and slightly roll the cup to make sure the frosting covers all the cookie crumbs, you may also use a spatula to gently speed the frosting.
- Repeat the same process two or three times depending on the size of the cup. Your last layer should be cookie crumbs.
- Remember the cookies you separated at the beginning? Place one on top of each cup.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the Oreo to decorate the dessert.
- Chill them for at least 15 minutes before serving to help them set.
Serve cold and take lots a pics for us! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram!